Cosmetic Dentistry in Pico Rivera, CA
Many studies show that your smile is one of the first things people notice about you. How do you feel about yours? Is it sending the right message to others?
If you’re unhappy with the way your teeth look, you probably tend to hide your smile from others. When you do, you cut off an avenue of expression that allows others to see the real you. Instead, others may see you as being unfriendly or unhappy.
But our main concern is the way it makes you feel and what we can do to turn things around.
No matter what flaws bother you, cosmetic dentistry offered at our LA, Inglewood, Lynwood, and Pico Rivera dental offices has the solution you need. We are experts at creating smile makeovers, and it’s always a pleasure for us to see how delighted our patients are with the final result!
Please Call Us to Get Started
If you’re thinking about improving your smile, the first step is to call one of our convenient dental offices to arrange an appointment. You will meet with one of our experienced dentists who will talk to you about your concerns and answer your questions. Together we’ll decide which cosmetic dentistry treatment or treatments are right for you.
- What Cosmetic Dentistry Can Do for You
- Cosmetic Dental Treatments We Offer
- Porcelain Dental Veneers
- Professional Teeth Whitening
- Invisalign Clear Braces
- Tooth-Colored Fillings
- Cosmetic Dental Bonding
- Let Us Take Your Smile to the Next Level!
What Cosmetic Dentistry Can Do for You
At PhD Dental, we use the term cosmetic dentistry to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance of your smile. You may think of popular procedures like porcelain veneers and teeth whitening, and it's true that both are excellent methods for enhancing your smile.
But with the availability of modern, updated materials, technology, and techniques, every treatment we provide restores your oral health and improves your smile. Our LA area dentists would love to meet with you to learn about the changes you would like to make. Please call or LA, Inglewood, Lynwood, or Pico Rivera dental offices to arrange an appointment.
Cosmetic Dental Treatments We Offer
But using premium materials and state-of-the-art techniques at PhD Dental, our skilled team of dentists can provide:
- Tooth-colored fillings that look natural and blend with your smile
- Porcelain veneers to cover your teeth and improve smile flaws
- Cosmetic dental bonding, a cost-effective treatment to fix chipped teeth
- Porcelain crowns that fit over your tooth to conceal imperfections beneath them
- Teeth whitening to brighten a dull smile and remove yellow teeth stains
- Invisalign clear braces to gently straighten crooked teeth for a better appearance
With all these choices, you may feel overwhelmed by all the possibilities! Call PhD Dental today to arrange a cosmetic dental appointment with one of our dentists to learn which treatment we recommend for you.
Porcelain Dental Veneers
A dental veneer is a tooth-shaped shell that is carefully crafted from high-quality, natural-looking porcelain. Veneers are a cosmetic enhancement that our dentists in LA, Inglewood, Lynwood, and Pico Rivera dental offices use to hide dental imperfections such as:
- Broken teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Teeth that are too small
- Slightly crooked teeth
Porcelain veneers must be custom made so that they fit perfectly over a tooth and provide a natural-looking cosmetic enhancement. We can use a single veneer to bring your smile into balance; a series of porcelain veneers are used to produce the appearance of a straight, uniform smile.
Professional Teeth Whitening
Several things can contribute to the stained or discolored teeth, including:
- Aging – As children, most of us are blessed with teeth that are beautifully white. But our teeth withstand a lot of wear and tear, and as time goes by, this takes its toll on our pristine smile.
- Tobacco use – You can’t smoke and have bright, white teeth. Tobacco is bad for your health, and it also stains your smile. Nothing ruins your appearance like a mouthful of yellow teeth caused by smoking and chewing tobacco.
- Staining foods – There are numerous foods and drinks that contribute to tooth staining and discoloration. Coffee, tea, and red wine are obvious culprits, but there are actually quite a few other foods that can lead to staining that are not so obvious. Drinks that are high in acid like colas and sports drinks can lead to erosion that makes tooth enamel susceptible to staining.
- Poor oral hygiene – Brushing and flossing twice a day removes plaque and food particles from your teeth that dull your smile. Be sure to keep up with your six-month dental cleanings too, because they get your smile as clean and shiny as it can be.
Professional teeth whitening at our LA, Lynwood, Inglewood, and Pico Rivera dental office can dramatically whiten your smile and leave you with a fresh, youthful appearance. We offer both in-office and customized take-home teeth whitening kits, so give us a call to see which option is right for you.
Invisalign Clear Braces
Misaligned teeth detract from your appearance and can make you feel self-conscious when you smile. If you want to straighten your teeth but think you have to deal with a mouthful of metal and a long, drawn-out process, we’ve got great news.
Invisalign clear braces were made just for people like you. You don’t have to live with the inconvenience of metal braces, and treatment at PhD Dental can be completed quickly – usually about a year for adults. They are comfortable and, best of all, they’re virtually invisible.
Invisalign is effective for treating many problems such as overcrowding, uneven spaces, overbite, and underbite. However, there are other factors that determine if Invisalign is your best option. Our LA area dentists will be happy to consult with you to decide if this if Invisalign is appropriate for your particular situation. Please call our LA, Inglewood, Lynwood, or Pico Rivera dental office to arrange an appointment.
Years ago, the only option for creating durable dental fillings was with silver amalgam. These fillings were solid, but their dark color, when placed in the mouth, is noticeable and detracts from your smile.
Today, we use tooth-colored filling composite material instead of amalgam. This material is just as durable as silver fillings and is actually a healthier choice. Tooth-colored fillings also look so natural that our dentists can create virtually invisible repairs. Now, getting a filling not only restores your oral health, but also improves your appearance.
Cosmetic Dental Bonding
Dental bonding uses the same durable, natural-looking material we use for tooth-colored fillings. With bonding, we can dramatically improve your smile in just one visit by filling in chipped or broken teeth or reshaping a tooth for a better appearance.
Cosmetic bonding is an economical alternative to porcelain veneers and conceals many of the same flaws. But it does not last as long and will need to be replaced every five years or so.
Cosmetic Dentistry in Los Angeles
If you’re tired of worrying about the way your smile looks, you owe it to yourself to call PhD Dental and schedule a commitment-free dental consultation. One of our skilled cosmetic dentists at our LA, Inglewood, Lynwood, or Pico Rivera dental offices will spend some time with you to talk about the flaws that bother you. We’ll work with you to personalize a treatment plan that fits your needs in every way.
Please call today to schedule your smile consultation!